attocube's attoLIQUID1000 cryogenic system is based on highly efficient liquid Helium bath cryostats with 50 l cryogenic liquid reservoir. As with the whole attoLIQUID family, the attoLIQUID1000 has been optimized for highest stability, enabling experiments such as ultra high resolution imaging and/or spectroscopy using scanning tunneling microscopy (STM) or long-term optical investigations of single quantum dots over several weeks. All of attocube's available scanning probe microscopy inserts are compatible with the attoLIQUID1000 and are cooled by a controlled exchange gas atmosphere in thermal equilibrium with the surrounding liquid Helium.
The attoLIQUID1000 provides a base temperature of 4.2 K which can be further reduced down to 2 K by pumping on the Helium reservoir (optional). Superconducting solenoids (up to 15 T), split coils and vector magnets are available as upgrade options. The magnet can be used in driven or in persistent mode.
The system includes all necessary components needed for the operation such as the renowned attoDAMP anti-vibration cabinet with acoustic damping, dual channel temperature controller, liquid helium level meter and probe, transfer line and all necessary vacuum fittings.
Fields of Application
|Scanning Hall Probe
| Optically Detected Nuclear
- ultra high stability
- highest flexibility
- base temperature 4.2 K (< 2 K when pumping on the reservoir)
- compatible with superconducting magnets up to 15 T
- attoDAMP system for shielding against acoustic noise and mechanical floor vibrations
- perform experiments with highest demands on thermal and mechanical stability
- optimize sample throughput due to minimized turnaround time
- ultra high resolution imaging with STM or AFM/MFM on high-Tc superconductors, semiconductor structures, ..
- solid state physics and quantum dot optics (CFM)
- materials science research on ceramics, polymers, additives, alloys, ..
- quantitative surface characterization in the submicron range
COMPATIBLE MICROSCOPE SYSTEMS
- attoCFM I, attoCFM II, attoCFM III, attoRAMAN, attoAFM I, attoAFM III, attoMFM I, attoSHPM
CUSTOMER FEEDBACK | attoAFM/CFM
Our attoLIQUID1000-based attoAFM/CFM system was a complete game-changer for starting up my research group. Instead of spending years developing a highly complex technical system on our own, we had a fully operational, high-performance cryogenic AFM/CFM system at hand within a relatively short timespan. This allowed us to plunge into our scientific endeavours with highest efficiency. As always, this attocube product stands out due to it’s reliability, ease of use and excellent performance. A particular further asset is the systems versatility - interfacing it with our existing experiments was straight-forward due to the clever system design and excellent support from attocube’s application engineers.
(Quantum-sensing Lab, Department of Physics, University of Basel, Switzerland)