The attoDRY1100 offers a truly unique low temperature measurement platform with a fully automated gas handling system. The integrated touchscreen allows for conveniently setting the desired field (B) and temperature (T) without even using a PC. More elaborate measurement schemes such as programmable sweeps of B and T are easily possible via a USB connection and a LabVIEW interface.
The toploading design enables quick and easy sample exchange, while offering a generous sample space of 49.7 mm in diameter. The unmatched cooling performance via exchange gas coupling enables probe cooldown times as short as 1-2 hours. The initial cooldown time of the complete system is around 10-15 hours including a 9 T magnet.
The temperature stability was measured to be better than ±5 mK over 14 hours at 4 K.
Last but not least, the attoDRY1100 was specifically designed to provide an ultra-low vibration measurement platform for cryogenic scanning probe experiments without the need for liquid helium. Due to a proprietary design, mechanical vibrations created by the pulse-tube coldhead are decoupled from the measurement platform. When measured with the attoAFM I, vibration amplitudes of less than 0.15 nm RMS are routinely achieved (bandwidth of 200 Hz, vertical direction)*.
*Further reading: F.P. Quacquarelli et al., arXiv:1404.2046v1
Fields of Application
|Scanning Hall Probe
PRODUCT KEY FEATURES
- scanning probe microscopy experiments in a cryogen-free, low vibration environment
- fast exchange of samples and/or scanning probe tips
- measurements at a broad range of temperature and magnetic field (optional) with highest stability
- integrated 4.3“ touchscreen
- USB/Ethernet interface, LabVIEW control
- no liquid helium required
- full automation of field and temperature control
- designed for vibration sensitive measurements
- remote control, programmable sweeps
- solid state physics and quantum dot optics
- material science research on ceramics, polymers,
additives, alloys, ..
- semiconductor device characterization
COMPATIBLE MICROSCOPE SYSTEMS
- attoAFM I, attoMFM I, attoSHPM, attoAFM III, attoCFM I, attoCFM II, attoCFM III, attoRAMAN
- attoAFM/CFM (on request)
21st Century User Interface
touchscreen control of field & temperature
Via the integrated 4.3“ capacitive touchscreen, the attoDRY1100&2100 cryostats provide a convenient and intuitive interface for a state-of-theart user experience. The desired sample temperature T and magnetic field B can be set easily by virtually pressing a button directly at the cryostat, enabling a true set-and-forget type of operation. Of course, more elaborate measurement schemes such as programmable sweeps of T and B are also possible via the USB interface and LabVIEW®.
...cooling down samples has never been that easy