Volumetric Compensation of Machine Tools and Coordinate Measurement Machines
OEM Interferometer for automated calibration
The recurring calibration and volumetric compensation of machine tools and CMMs requires expensive technical equipment as well as expertise and experience. Existing systems need to be installed individually for each machine axis which makes calibration expensive and time-consuming.
The IDS3010 is the core component of the LineCAL® calibration system offered by ETALON AG. It allows simultaneous, automated determination of all 21 systematic deviation parameters of a tool or probe inside the working volume of a three-axes machine. These parameters comprise positioning deviations, straightness, pitch, yaw and roll in all three axes as well as the perpendicularity of these axes relative to each other.
Customers can choose:
- working range up to 5m (with specific sensor heads up to 30m)
- target velocity up to 2m/s
- space-saving design of controler and sensor heads
- data acquisition bandwidth of 10 MHz
- Automated determination of all 21 systematic deviation parameters in a three-axes machine
- Frequent calibration of machine tools or coordinate measurement machines
- Repeated calibration of several similar machines