The attoLIQUID3000 is a liquid helium based cryostat with a 3He-insert for operation at temperatures from < 350 mK to 300 K. The system is equipped with special low resistance wiring for attocube positioners used in our microscopes, as well as a number of coaxial lines and twisted pairs for customer use. It can be equipped with your choice of superconducting magnet, be it a single solenoid, split coil or 2D/3D vector magnet including suitable magnet power supply.
All necessary components needed for a convenient operation are included, such as the renowned attoDAMP anti-vibration cabinet with acoustic damping,
a suitable pump for the 1 K pot, a multi-channel temperature controller, a liquid helium level meter and probe, a transfer line and all necessary vacuum fittings.
The most outstanding feature of this system is that the 1 K pot is only needed to be pumped during recondensation of the 3He. Afterwards, the unique design allows to turn off the pump at the 1 K pot, which minimizes the residual vibrations considerably. This is what enables the use of sensitive techniques such as scanning probe microscopy in this cryostat at mK temperatures with proven performance (see application section).
Fields of Application
|Scanning Gate Microscopy|
PRODUCT KEY FEATURES
- system can be operated without pumping continously at 1 K pot, hence ultra-low vibrations at base temperature
- liquid 4He bath cryostat with 50 l liquid Helium reservoir and single -shot 3He insert
- temperature range: 300 mK .. 100 K
- compatible with superconducting magnets up to 12 T
- conduct scanning probe microscopy measurements at any temperature between 300 mK and 300 K
- ultra-low mechanical vibration levels because of special cryogenic layout
- fast 3He recondensing/ turn-around times
- investigation of temperature dependent phenomena at very low temperature, such as superconducting gap on organic superconductors
- solid state physics and quantum dot optics
- materials science research on ceramics, polymers, additives, alloys, ..
- semiconductor device characterization
COMPATIBLE MICROSCOPE SYSTEMS
- attoAFM I, attoMFM I, attoSHPM, attoCFM I, attoCFM II, attoCFM III, attoAFM III, attoAFM/STM
- attoAFM/CFM, atto3DR
The attoLIQUID3000 with the attoDAMP anti-vibration cabinet has been serving us very well as mK platform for scanning gate microscopy since 2008. Its handling is straightforward and easy, and due to the special 1 K pot design, vibrations are of no big concern even at base temperature.
(Instituto Nanoscienze-CNR and Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa)